Question

Google Sheets to Draft Email

• 4 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone!

So I’ve been working so hard to try and figure this out but I can’t seem to do it.

I’ve set up a zap that will create a draft email when a new row is created or updated.. and it won’t seem to work!!

I’ve got it set up so that.. 

but when I add an email under the email column, no draft is made :(

Thoughts??

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Troubleshooting Tips:

1. Is the Zap ON?
  2. Did the Zap trigger but result in an error? Check here: https://zapier.com/app/history/
  3. GSheets Instant triggers aren’t actually instant...

The Google Sheets trigger is marked "instant" but it still takes a few minutes to trigger.

The new and updated spreadsheet row triggers for Google Sheets are unique in that when there is a trigger event in the spreadsheet, Zapier gets a notification webhook from the Google about this following that notification, Zapier sends Google Sheet a request asking for new data. After this, the trigger works using the normal polling mechanism and these new or updated rows returned will trigger the Zap. This process takes about 3 minutes overall so although the Google Sheets trigger is marked "instant" it really is a hybrid of both webhook and polling techniques. While being slower than any other "instant" trigger, it's still faster than all polling triggers which would take 5 or 15 minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @janaleeferreira, we just wanted to check in here! Were Troy’s suggestions helpful? Were you able to get the Zap working? We’d love to share your solution with the rest of the Community. Let us know!