Best answer

Google Sheet to Shopify Data Updates

• 26 March 2020
  • 1 reply

I’m attempting to create a Zap to Update products in Shopify from new updates in Google Sheet rows. 

The first 2 steps test perfectly but every time I get to the last step, I get the error message below. I’ve tried several configurations but can’t figure out my error, the image below is what I think is correct but still getting the error. 

Hopefully someone can help out. 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 2 April 2020, 12:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @sshort2657 Thanks for your question and I’m sorry for the delay in getting to you on this!

The reason that the Shopify step can’t find the product is because it either needs to be one selected from the dropdown list, or if you want to use a custom value, you need to use the product ID and not the product name. 

What you need to do is add a step in the Zap before the Update Product step. Add the Shopify action Find Product by Title (or Find Product Variant by Title if it’s a variant) before the Update Product step. This search step will look for the product based on the title you give it (which looks like it’s coming from Google sheets in this case). When the step finds the product, it will find the product ID, which is what you need to put as the Custom value in the Product field for the Update Product step. That way, Shopify will know exactly which product it should be updating. 

​I hope that's clear, please let me know if you have any questions!