Best answer

Google form to Google Drive Folder Issue

• 1 July 2020
  • 5 replies

I am facing an issue with my existing Zap. 

Problem background: I have created a google form that asks the users to upload pictures. I want to create unique folders on my google drive for every form response that I receive and that pictures will be stored in that folder with the name of the user. 

Getting the error in Google drive: File empty (required)

icon

Best answer by Danvers 2 July 2020, 12:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@vardhman89 Can you share with us a screenshot of the “Customise Upload File” section of your step 3? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @vardhman89, thanks for the extra detail!

In the Upload file step, for the Folder field, you need to use the ID of the folder that was created in the previous step and not the name of the folder. You should see the folder ID as one of the fields that is in the output of the Create Folder step. In other words,  you’ll need to get the ID of the folder from the second step and the put that in the Folder field of the Upload file step instead of the folder name. 

Thank you for the reply @Danvers , can you tell me what will come under the file section. I am still getting the error “The app returned "File not found:”

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @vardhman89!

Based on the screenshot above, it looks like you’ll want to remove the text that you’ve typed into the Folder field. You’ve mapped the ID from the first step, but also typed something in. You only need the mapped one. Can you delete that text to see if it helps?

Thank you for your reply, here you go: