Question

Google Contact Group Membership Field

• 6 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I am a very new user and needed a simple zap.  I have a google document that adds a contact anytime an certain email is sent.  This is a zap and works great.  I also want another zap to add that row to my GOOGLE CONTACTS.  I have this zap working great but cannot get the new contacts in a group...the gmail contact field “group membership” does not show up as an option in my zap fields.  I tried adding a custom field but it does not work.  How can I add the “group membership” gmail contact field as an option in my zap fields.

Thanks for any help.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DONNAB059 

In Google Contacts, you need to create a Label (aka Group) to be able to select it in the Zap.

I have lables created but the FIELD NAME for all lables in Google Contacts is call Group Membership (when exported)  That is the only field name (Group Membership) that is not showing up in zapier for some reason.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DONNAB059 

Can you provide screenshots of where you are saying it’s not showing up in Zapier?

These are the only fields available

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DONNAB059 

Try this action step in your Zap

It maybe me but seems it wants to add all contact to a certain group and I need them added to the group under the Group Membership field in google sheets not just one group...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DONNAB059 

To dynamically set the Google Contacts Group, you’ll need the underlying Google Contacts Group ID.

Example

Then try configuring the Google Contacts Add Contact to Group step like this using the ‘Custom’ mapping option...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@DONNAB059 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?