Question

Finding Classes with Google Sheets look up rows based on time on schedule

• 17 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Again,

This is the most elaborate connection which might be a hidden simplicity verse my complicated automation.

My desire for this automation is after a google calendar event for a class, the zap would trigger The name of the student, the class they attended from a google sheet, & put it in my student log sheet underneath the right day.

Currently after all the formatting.. it’s stuck on finding the row from my classes based on the time column:

The highlighted sections is where it’s getting tripped up on, I’ve tried having the time match 6:00:00 it still had trouble finding the row of data. The ID points to the correct sheet

I got kind of hung up on this there’s alot of formating data on this one but in my head the look up value matches the data it shouldn’t be erroring out...

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @OGA Owner,

My hunch here that this is due to the formatting of the mapped data on the “Lookup Value” field. The format of your Time in the spreadsheet is h:mm:ss A. The mapped format on your “Lookup value” field is h:mm A.

Could you please try changing the format to h:mm:ss A?

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ken,

Yes it looked like it was a formatting error I had to update in a couple spots but was the fix Thank you for that, 

Could I pick your brain on how the data is populated in the row?

Looks like it put a new row based on the last row with information so I made some changes shown here:

This look up is based on the column Monday and the date in column B. I switched Create a New Row to Update Row… I want to update the row based on the date currently I start with nothing in each cell… I’m thinking I might have to populate these or add a separate date column to make this work

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @OGA Owner,

Google Spreadsheets needs to be setup a specific way for the Zap to work. There should be headers on the first row of the spreadsheet. More about that here:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276985101-Work-with-Google-Sheets-in-Zaps

Hopefully, this helps.