We were working on a link Auto-Saver zap which will save links that were posted in any Slack channel and store them in an Airtable base. When creating the zap it was noted that Slack already extracts URLs if someone posts a link within a Slack message. It mapped them as “Attachment 0 Link:”. This was great as it would save us a Formatter step and cut down on Task usage. However after some time we were looking at the Airtable base and discovered that the link field was empty and was curious what was wrong. We retested data and everything worked fine.
Then we tested the same link in the same channel with the zap on and we ended up getting the same blank field in the Airtable where the link was supposed to be. Eventually we did a Formatter step to extract the link from the general text but we were still wondering what is going on.
Working Fine when testing:
Field shows up empty when put into Airtable during operation:
Best answer by christina.dView original