Best answer

External Google group?

• 14 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to use external Google groups like anything@googlegroups.com created into an Google account or only groups like anything@mydomain.com?

I would like to make a zap with an action via Google Group application but the system doesn’t found my external group.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by SamB 21 July 2021, 17:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @JulioD!

I can totally understand see how being able to use Google groups that aren't part of a GSuite/custom domain would be useful. I’ve done some digging and it looks as though its not currently possible with the Google Groups integration, but there is an existing feature request for this. I’ve added your vote to that request to help us keep track of the number of interested users. 

I don’t know when that might become available but we’ll be sure to email you and post an update in the thread here as soon as it’s possible! :)

Userlevel 1

Welcome to the Community, @JulioD!

I can totally understand see how being able to use Google groups that aren't part of a GSuite/custom domain would be useful. I’ve done some digging and it looks as though its not currently possible with the Google Groups integration, but there is an existing feature request for this. I’ve added your vote to that request to help us keep track of the number of interested users. 

I don’t know when that might become available but we’ll be sure to email you and post an update in the thread here as soon as it’s possible! :)

We just have a GSuite account and we have some external groups with our own since we don’t use the gmail service to delivery emails. I don’t know if it’s a Google limitation for external groups or the Zapier integration could be improved to work with these.

Thanks in advance.