Best answer

Errors when sending Pardot emails

• 26 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

We're having an issue with sending emails via the Pardot API component. We receive the following error messages (not sure why different errors, but I've seen both): 

Error parsing response. We got: "<html><body><h1>400 Bad request</h1>

Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

The issue seems to relate to the size of the value in the html_content variable (this is the body of the email we’re trying to send.) Short messages (less than 8k characters) work, while anything longer fails.

I've used the Pardot API via CURL on the command line and have not had any errors, despite using the same variables and/or much larger messages.

Anyone have any ideas to work around this?

icon

Best answer by steph.n 2 April 2020, 03:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @guy on the internet - Thanks for posting to our Community! 

I have gone ahead and alerted our team in charge of this integration, so that they can review this issue further. I added your request to be informed as soon as this bug is addressed.

While I can't provide an ETA for when this issue might be resolved, we will reach out to you via email once it is.

Thanks!