We have used a lot of Zaps that pull leads from Facebook Lead Ad to new registrants in GoToWebinar.
Yesterday when we was creating a new Zap it stopped with this error “400 Error: Request contains invalid parameters. See validationErrorCodes for specific errors."
Now we have solved the problem and here's the solution:
- GoToWebinar has changed its field validation and Facebook Lead Ad dummy lead doesn't pass the validation anymore. Maybe because of the underlines and/or colons in firstname and lastname.
- Example of Facebook dummy lead: test lead: dummy data for first_name | test lead: dummy data for last_name | email@example.com
- How to fix it: Delete the dummy lead and create a new test lead from Facebook's "Preview Form" option (https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing/). You can use your own details with a new test lead.
- When the custom lead is ready, find that data in your Zap: Facebook Lead Ad ("Find Data" phase) and use the same custom lead for GoToWebinar phase ("Send Data")
- Another solution is to use “SKIP TEST” option, but I think this one is more reliable because you can be sure that the new lead has moved successfully to GoToWebinar.
Now it works and hope this helps others too!