Best answer

Custom property from Woocommerce into Klaviyo

• 18 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

I’m completely new at Zapier, and want to test whether Zapier can do this, but I need some help setting it up.

When a customer orders a product on woocommerce, they fill in a customer property (“role” → coach, parent, etc), I want this information to be pushed into the klaviyo profile - how do I do this? (Please explain the steps in detail).

Step 1: [Woocommerce] trigger should be when order is paid?

Step 2: [Klaviyo] find subsriber? If so, how do I do this for a customer who have just ordered my product?

Step 3: [Klaviyo] Update subsriber? If so, then I pick the subsriber found in step 2?

Kind regards

Morten

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 18 August 2022, 17:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GripFixer

Delay steps can be added to Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/delay/help

As far as selecting the List, you’ll have to trace newly created Contacts to determine which List those are being added to.

Klaviyo Segments exists as part of Lists.

Hi Troy,

Thank you very much again.

I understand. Just curious, if I were to try and do it without Zapier creating the profile, how should I do it? 

Should I add a “wait” (5min) step for the already existing integration between Woocommmerce and KLaviyo, to create the profile.?

What should I choose in list in order to find the newly created profile (that woocommerce and klaviyo integration will create)?

Kind regards,

Morten

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GripFixer 

The Klaviyo Find/Create Subscriber step works like this…

If Subscriber found = true, then it returns the Subscriber ID

If Subcriber found = false, then it creates a new Subscriber and returns the ID.

This covers both use cases, then the Subscriber can be updated in the next Zap step.

Thank you again :)

it’s not possible to find the profile, or do I have to create a new profile.?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GripFixer 

In step 2, you will use the Klaviyo Find Subscriber action.

At the bottom, there will be a checkbox to create a Subscriber if one is not found.

Help article about mapping variables between Zap steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

Only the REQUIRED field must be populated for the Zap step.

Thank you so much for the swift response, and confirming the flow of the process.

I have tried to step two by myself but failed to do it correctly. would you mind explaining it to me in detail.? 
how do I locate the customer who have just ordered.?

and I believe it says something about “list” - can it only locate people on a list.? Because new customers goes into segment and not list in klaviyo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GripFixer 

Good questions.

Try these Zap steps

1. Trigger: WooCommerce - Order (Created)
  2. Action: Klaviyo - Find/Create Subscriber
  3. Action: Klaviyo - Update Subscriber
    1. Map the Klaviyo Subscriber ID from step 2