Best answer

Custom property from Woocommerce into Klaviyo

• 18 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

I’m completely new at Zapier, and want to test whether Zapier can do this, but I need some help setting it up.

When a customer orders a product on woocommerce, they fill in a customer property (“role” → coach, parent, etc), I want this information to be pushed into the klaviyo profile - how do I do this? (Please explain the steps in detail).

Step 1: [Woocommerce] trigger should be when order is paid?

Step 2: [Klaviyo] find subsriber? If so, how do I do this for a customer who have just ordered my product?

Step 3: [Klaviyo] Update subsriber? If so, then I pick the subsriber found in step 2?

Kind regards

Morten

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 18 August 2022, 17:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GripFixer 

Good questions.

Try these Zap steps

1. Trigger: WooCommerce - Order (Created)
  2. Action: Klaviyo - Find/Create Subscriber
  3. Action: Klaviyo - Update Subscriber
    1. Map the Klaviyo Subscriber ID from step 2

Thank you so much for the swift response, and confirming the flow of the process.

I have tried to step two by myself but failed to do it correctly. would you mind explaining it to me in detail.? 
how do I locate the customer who have just ordered.?

and I believe it says something about “list” - can it only locate people on a list.? Because new customers goes into segment and not list in klaviyo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GripFixer 

In step 2, you will use the Klaviyo Find Subscriber action.

At the bottom, there will be a checkbox to create a Subscriber if one is not found.

Help article about mapping variables between Zap steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

Only the REQUIRED field must be populated for the Zap step.

Thank you again :)

it’s not possible to find the profile, or do I have to create a new profile.?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GripFixer 

The Klaviyo Find/Create Subscriber step works like this…

If Subscriber found = true, then it returns the Subscriber ID

If Subcriber found = false, then it creates a new Subscriber and returns the ID.

This covers both use cases, then the Subscriber can be updated in the next Zap step.

Hi Troy,

Thank you very much again.

I understand. Just curious, if I were to try and do it without Zapier creating the profile, how should I do it? 

Should I add a “wait” (5min) step for the already existing integration between Woocommmerce and KLaviyo, to create the profile.?

What should I choose in list in order to find the newly created profile (that woocommerce and klaviyo integration will create)?

Kind regards,

Morten

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GripFixer

Delay steps can be added to Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/delay/help

As far as selecting the List, you’ll have to trace newly created Contacts to determine which List those are being added to.

Klaviyo Segments exists as part of Lists.