Question

creating products in stripe

• 2 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everybody, I’m new here, thanks for your help and support.

Here the situation, with a premise: I want to sell a membership (with a specific number of payments) through Stripe but - for what I see but I may be wrong - to do that I need to specify the client name before selling it. 

So I thought to use Zapier! I can collect name through a form in Mailerlite and zap it to Stripe, creating a new product with the name I collected. But I don’t understand what I have to do…

Anyone here who happened to face the same issue...and won? 😉

Thanks for your help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @piccolamusica!

When you say that you want to create a membership with a specific number of payments, do you mean like a subscription in Stripe? If so, that isn’t currently possible with Zapier, though we do have a feature request for it. If you’d like to know if/when we add that feature into the Stripe integration let me know and I’ll add you as an interested user :)

If you’d like to set up separate payments (ie not a subscription) then you should be able to do that using the Create Product action. If you need any help with that, can you give us a few more details of what you need to do and where you are getting stuck?

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @piccolamusica ,

Thank you for using our Community 😊

I don’t know Stripe very well, so I’m unsure if you will need to name the client before selling the memberships. However, if you’d like to send data from MailerLite to Stripe, we should be able to make this work 🙂

It looks like we don’t have a trigger from MailerLite specifically for when a form is submitted, but there are other options available: https://zapier.com/apps/mailerlite/integrations
Would Subscriber Added to Group or Subscriber Created do what you need? Or any of the other options?

Once you have selected a trigger, you can use the Create Product in Stripe as the action in your Zap. When creating it, you’ll want to make sure you map the fields from the trigger step that contain the information you need to send to Stripe.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction, but let us know how it goes!

Userlevel 1

Hi everybody and thanks for your kind help.

@Danvers yes, I want to create a product in stripe but when creating it I need to insert a specific client.

@Daniela_Paulo thanks so much, I’ll give your link a try and see if I can 1 collect data with Mailerlite 2 zap it to Stripe and create a product

you are both too kind!!!!

franci

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @piccolamusica ,

Just checking in to see if you were able to set up the Zap to collect the data from MailerLite and create the products in Stripe?

Let us know if you were able to solve it 🙂