Best answer

Creating additional line items in Quickbooks with more smartsheet rows

• 13 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi I am trying to append to an invoice in Quickbooks with smartsheet entries.  For example, I have three rows in Smartsheets.  Through the first row in Smartsheet I was able to create an invoice in Quickbooks.  Now I want to append additional line items to that invoice with the second and third row.  Is there a way to do this somehow with the push values onto list functionality?  I’m new to Zapier, so whatever you can share with me would be great!!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 15 January 2021, 17:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @IRGJLiberman, welcome to the Community!

There is actually a Zapier app that does exactly this! The Formatter by Zapier app has a host of useful line item actions. 

In this case, you need to add a Formatter by Zapier step into your Zap and select the ‘Utilities’ option

a72d0d02f173d59a44974170e8351ce4.png
(View image larger)

And for Transform choose ‘Line Itemizer’

92c80cd49f2318b46343bbe434bf2e0d.png
(View image larger)

This help guide shows you what that step will look like (the information that you’ll need to put into the step to create the line item: Create line items in Zaps

I hope that gets you pointed in the right direction!

Hi Danvers!

Thank you for your assistance.  I’m still a bit confused.  Do I need to create a new zap for this?  The issue I am having is that if I use the utilities function after creating the initial invoice within the same zap, the append transformation seems to be picking data up from the initial row.  I want to pick up data from other rows though.

Thank you!

Jarret