Question

Could you move a file from Google my drive to a shared drive?

• 16 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Trying to move a file from google my drive to a folder in a shared drive.  Is this possible?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Mike M!

Can I double check that I’ve understood exactly what you’re looking to do? 

You have a Google Drive folder with various files. When a file is updated in that folder, you want to send the updated file to the shared drive. Is that right? And you’re the owner of the drive that’s shared? Could I also check if you want to move the file, copy the file to the shared folder so it’s a new file, or copy the file and replace an existing one?

All of those are possible with the Google drive integration, but I want to make sure that we can help you find the right action. 

Hi Chanelle: No I wasn’t.  I have a zap that updates a folder in my Google drive and I wanted to immediately send that update file to the shared drive.  So far, no luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Mike M wanted to check in and see if you were able to accomplish what you intended to? 👎👍

Troy, thanks for response. It’s driving me crazy. I think I own the shared and my drive. I’ll try to figure it out. Thanks for the tip. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mike M 

Good question.

GDrive help article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495965264397#not-all-my-files-are-triggering-my-new-file-in-folder-zap--0-4

Also, you can't trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the Zap.
The connected account must be the owner.