Question

Could you move a file from Google my drive to a shared drive?

• 16 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Trying to move a file from google my drive to a folder in a shared drive.  Is this possible?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mike M 

Good question.

GDrive help article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495965264397#not-all-my-files-are-triggering-my-new-file-in-folder-zap--0-4

Also, you can't trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the Zap.
The connected account must be the owner.

Troy, thanks for response. It’s driving me crazy. I think I own the shared and my drive. I’ll try to figure it out. Thanks for the tip. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Mike M wanted to check in and see if you were able to accomplish what you intended to? 👎👍

Hi Chanelle: No I wasn’t.  I have a zap that updates a folder in my Google drive and I wanted to immediately send that update file to the shared drive.  So far, no luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Mike M!

Can I double check that I’ve understood exactly what you’re looking to do? 

You have a Google Drive folder with various files. When a file is updated in that folder, you want to send the updated file to the shared drive. Is that right? And you’re the owner of the drive that’s shared? Could I also check if you want to move the file, copy the file to the shared folder so it’s a new file, or copy the file and replace an existing one?

All of those are possible with the Google drive integration, but I want to make sure that we can help you find the right action.