Question

Converting this string to line item, based on new line breaks

• 27 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I have this single line item comtaining a long list of string, i want to separate the lines. When i used text to line item, it separates value based on comma automatically. but how to achieve my goal, of separating the items inside the line item.?

Is there any step by ste- guide or tutorial? I’m beginner with Zapier.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello and welcome to the Community @Nik 09! 👋

Perhaps you could try using a Formatter (Text > Split Text) action for this? I did a quick test in my own Zap and it looks like it does what you need:

ca2bec5a36c9d910e446dee2ed51e9e0.png

The above set up splits the different values for each line item into separate fields whilst keeping them with the relevant line items: 
13d850ff1b9673638864f6e66fac2a92.png

You can then select the relevant fields from the line items in the subsequent action steps of the Zap.

Can you give that Formatter (Text > Split Text) action a try and let me know whether that works as hoped?

Hey @SamB 

I tried your method and it worked. I dont know how to go ahead with next step. What I want in my next step is to create a new row in a spreadsheet containing each of these entries in separate columns. Like 1 should be named: LinkedIn, 2nd should be named: Name, 3rd should be named: Title and so on, as per the output field text that you can see in the below screenshot. I really appreciate you providing screenshots based answer to my question, I just started using Zapier, so that helped me a lot. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Nik 09,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

You can map the output on your Google Sheets action step. You can learn more about mapping here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496343026701-Send-data-between-steps-by-mapping-fields

Additionally, ensure that your Google Sheet spreadsheet is set up correctly by having headers in the first row of your spreadsheet. You can learn more on how to work with Google Sheets here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276985101-Work-with-Google-Sheets-in-Zaps

Hopefully, this helps!