Best answer

Allow ACH payments in QuickBooks Online invoicing

• 31 January 2024
  • 12 replies

Hello:

I’m trying to create a Zap that automatically sends an invoice to client through Quickbooks Online after they’ve completed a form in Jotform. Jotform does everything through creating the invoice in QBO, but I need Zapier to automatically send it to the client.I have everything working correctly except that the invoice won’t allow for the client to actually pay online. (I want them to be able to pay immediately online, but only through ACH bank transfer.) Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 8 March 2024, 10:43

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @playartsphilly 

Try adding this Zap action: QBO - Send Invoice

Thanks @Troy Tessalone. I successfully have that piece in place, but the invoice that it sends will only allow customers to download the invoice. I need them to be able to pay it online, which is a feature that I have enabled in Quickbooks, but for some reason the zap does not allow that function. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@playartsphilly 

Did you enable these settings?

Hi @Troy Tessalone

Yes. I’ve enabled “Accept Via Bank Transfer” but it doesn’t actually turn it on. This shows the feature turned on...

And this is the result after the test... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@playartsphilly 

I’d recommend opening a ticket with Zapier Support about a possible bug with that QBO action: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Will do. Thanks for trying!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@playartsphilly 

Other options to try…

Add this Zap action: QBO - Update Invoice

See if you are able to set the desired field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@playartsphilly 

Advanced options would be to use the QBO API via one of these actions:

I’ve reported this as a bug, as I’m running into the same thing. I figured out that if you have both bank payment AND credit card selected as true, the Zap works. But changing just one of them to true does not work. You also cannot update one to true and one to false. They BOTH must be selected as true.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @playartsphilly,

@Kusala is correct here, it looks like the issue you’re running into is a known bug in QuickBooks Online when using the “Update Invoice” action where the boolean values for "Accept Payment Via Bank Transfer" (ACH) and "Accept Payment Via Credit Card" are not being respected.

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

@ken.a I’d like to be added to the list of affected users. I am running into the same issue as the above users. Is there a temporary solution until the bug is fixed? We are needing this to work as soon as possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Meraki Outdoor,

I have added you to the open bug report as another affected member. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.