Best answer

Paid Membership pro to Constant Contact

• 25 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are selling two levels of membership through PMPro/Paypal Website Payments Pro. Monthly and Annually. We want to sell one of two memberships and capture the subscribers info to Constant Contact. I have never been successful at writing any ZAP by myself. It is very confusing

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 25 January 2022, 20:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mbenatar 

Can you please clarify your question?

Consider hiring a Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Userlevel 3
Badge

I don’t know how can be anymore explicit. I can’t get past the first step. AND we are a small company and can not afford to hire and expert.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mbenatar 

Try using the Zap Editor on a computer.

Make sure to reference the available help articles for PMP: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-to-get-started-with-paid-memberships-pro-on-zapier

Userlevel 3
Badge

This doesn’t help. I am connect to my PMPro account. AND the link doesn’t give me any information on how to fix the error. AND I am on my computer. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @mbenatar - chiming in here as well! I do see this on the integration page: 

A suggestion might be making sure that the Admin role is set up fully. If not, support may be your best bet here as they can dig through more of what may be causing the hangup. Keep us posted, and I hope there is a quick resolution! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@mbenatar 

Paid Memberships Pro has some documentation about their integration here. Specifically, you may want to check out the section about authentication: https://www.paidmembershipspro.com/documentation/compatibility/zapier/#authentication

As Rachael mentioned, if that doesn’t get you moving along then contacting our Support team would be your best bet :)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Okay I was able to generate the New Application Password and save it in a safe location. Now what do I do?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I was able to authenticate PMPro with Zapier. and successfully test.  When I get to Constant Contact there is only data for the 1.User Email. No Data for First Name, or Last Name. I typed the text in but don’t think that is the correct method.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mbenatar!

Great job getting to the next step :)

I honestly don’t know much about that particular WordPress plugin but you should see something along these lines coming from PMP:

On the PMP side of things, are you requiring the billing name to be filled in? You’ll need some way to capture the person’s name in PMP in order to then add it to Constant Contact.

You’re correct that you wouldn’t want to type anything into those fields. Otherwise, every contact will end up with the same name. If you can get a name into the Billing Name field, you can then use our Formatter app to split the first and last name, since Constant Contact has those as separate fields.

We can cross that bridge once we get to a place where PMP is providing you with the billing name.