Best answer

Is Zapier able to collect past/existing data?

• 19 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi all, 

Im new to Zapier and I have a question regarding past data. So I’ve start to understand the drill. 

When X happens in application 1 do Y in application 2. All good. But I’m wondering if Zapier also works with past data? Like when X happend in the past. 

To give you a bit more context. I’m trying to fill an Airtable database with data from emails I received in the past. I subscribed to an email list which sent me an email every day for the past 6 months. I would love to collect all those email in an airtable database. Is this possible using Zapier?

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

Iron

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 October 2021, 14:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @IronBrands 

Zaps work when turned ON for new data going forward.

Thanks Troy! Good to know. Do you have any other Idea how I should transfer existing date from emails to a csv? 

Iron

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@IronBrands 

Depends on what email app you are using, but likely will require a manual export/format/import.

Gmail. But a manual export would be perfect, but I have no clue how to export the content of multiple emails directly into a nice csv. But I’ll dig more into it. Thanks for your time!

Iron

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@IronBrands 

GSearch: https://www.google.com/search?q=gmail+export

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to jump in to summarize an answer here! :)

• As Troy mentioned, Zaps are meant to move data in real-time so they would only transfer data data between apps whilst switched on.
  • There is a workaround for importing previous data, if you can export the data as a CSV file, which is outlined here: 
  • Alternatively, Gmail has a New Labeled Email trigger so you could make a copy of the existing Zap and switch it to use that Gmail trigger instead. Then you can assign a specific label to the old emails which would then allow the Zap to see them and add them into Airtable.