Best answer

Use more then one account for the CLI authentication

• 19 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have 2 Zapier accounts, a private one and a company account

I’m developing our Zapier app, so I have already a users/me/.zapierrc file, and it seems that if I run Zapier login, I’ll overwrite the file, is this correct?

If yes, is there a way to have now a second one for my private account, without using a second computer or creating a second user on my OS?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Zane 21 October 2021, 23:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

One way is to use zapier login and zapier logout to change accounts. That’ll just replace the deploy key in your .zapierrc each time. 

If for some reason you didn’t want to do this, you could rename the .zapierrc file to a file called ‘work’. Then login with your personal account. Copy that file to a file called ‘personal’. Now you can just swap the files back and forth depending on which account you want to connect to. 

Another way is just to get the deploy key from https://developer.zapier.com/partner-settings/deploy-keys and put the one you want to connect to into the rc file.  

Userlevel 1

Lovely, thanks for the heads up, I think the second solution with some Alfred automation in the background( or literally any tools to rename files) is going to safe me a LOT of drama and time:) 

Thanks again:)