Question

dynamic dropdown fields takes more time to load data form trigger API

• 19 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Added a trigger which gets list items through API call.

Added a field in Action of my app where i selected the field as dynamic drop down. When we create a zap it takes more time to load data in dynamic dropdown field. Is it an issue in zapier ? Kindly help

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @Viral Shah 👋

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by ‘takes more time to load data’, but if you mean the dynamic dropdown is timing out, you are likely running into these operating constraints you’ll want to consider - in short, output must be returned within 30 seconds and the response payload must be less than 6MB.

The bundle.meta parameter isFillingDynamicDropdown may allow you to limit the data being retrieved when that dropdown is loaded if your API is returning too many items with that GET, more here: https://github.com/zapier/zapier-platform/blob/main/packages/cli/README.md#bundlemeta 

@MarinaH   Hi. Thank you for your reply.

No, the dynamic dropdown is not timing out and also there is no issue with output return time and response payload as they fulfil the criteria. 

The issue is, when we click on the field which generates the dropdown list, the amount of time it takes to load the dropdown after calling API is more than 3 seconds. Is it normal in zapier to take more than 3 seconds to load the API data ?

The normal procedure in zapier:- When we click on the field, zapier calls a trigger API and fetches the data returned from API. It displays this data as a dropdown list in the action field in a ZAP. So during this stage, it takes more than 3 seconds to load the dropdown. Ideally 3 to 4 seconds is not appropriate. Hope you got the issue