Best answer

404 upon successful authentication

• 20 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

My team is building a Zapier integration where users connect an account via an API key. After going through the “Add Connection” flow I get a 404 screen in Zapier’s UI.

From the network console it seems to be a failing GET request to the following path: https://zapier.com/_next/data/app-management-3064226381e35ed03bc1802ce3770ac91d194f7e/app/connections/null.json?hl=[someNumericalId]&serviceSlug=null

It appears that despite the 404 screen, the credentials are added successfully.

When checking the API key auth it doesn’t appear to have some requested return data, so I am not sure how to resolve this 404 screen, as it is a poor user experience.

It only appears to occur when adding it through the “My Apps” tab. Adding a connection via setting up a trigger or action doesn’t result in this behavior.

The integration app is currently Private as it is under development. Does this matter?

Thanks.

-Justin

icon

Best answer by MarinaH 21 March 2023, 21:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @Justin K Bento 👋

Thanks for reporting this behaviour! I did some digging and this relates to an open issue we have where adding a Private connection via My Apps responds with a 404, but the new connection is still created successfully. I don’t have an ETA on a fix at the moment unfortunately, and as you’ve noted, adding a connection within the Zap Editor won’t see that 404 redirect.