Best answer

Webhook PATCH: Validation Error: Invalid request body

• 29 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve followed Mackenzie Child’s tutorial on creating a Webflow membership program using Zap and custom webhook to populate the member CMS collection with the videos they’ve marked as watched. I’ve followed the tutorial exactly, double checked my work, looked at multiple forums and tried multiple solutions but I somehow keep getting the same ValidationError.

Here’s my Zap:

And here’s the Webflow Collection it is Linked to

I’ve used Postman to verify the multi-reference field name, which is why I’ve changed this to “completed-videos-3” in the data. I’ve used Memberstack and Airtable to store member data and all previous zaps seem to be firing fine, it’s just this final webhook that I’m having problems with. Furthermore, when I originally set up the webhook 3 months ago it was working fine, I don’t understand why it isn’t working anymore.

Here’s the read-only link to my webflow site: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/training-platform-649133?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=training-platform-649133&preview=f12880703b55c51689157bb89583c9f8&workflow=preview

Any help is greatly appreciated and a massive thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 December 2021, 19:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone @SamB Hi there, I saw your comments on the other thread that followed this tutorial. Are you able to offer any insight into why this webhook isn’t firing?

Many thanks,

Charlie

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Charlie H 

Try changing this to false

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Charlie H 

You can use this tool to check your JSON structure: https://jsonlint.com/

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Troy Tessalone you’re a hero! I don’t believe it was such a simple fix :sweat: