Question

Updating row in Google Sheet with data from API

• 17 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there, complete Zapier newbie trying to find my way - and would appreciate any advice anyone’s got..

We use a freight company to send all of our equipment to our customers. The freight company has an API that can be queried to return values related to various statuses in their delivery pathway - awaiting pickup, picked up, en-route, delivered etc. Ultimately I would like to populate the relevant record in our CRM (Freshworks) with the data that is being returned from the API - but as no integration exists on the CRM side, I am trying to use Zapier to check the API for any updates relating to a specific tracking ID so that I can update fields in a Google Sheet once certain statuses have been updated.

Has anyone done anything like this before that could share some insights or tips?

Cheers

Des

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DessyAnthonisz 

Good question.

The Webhooks Zap app can be use with an app’s API: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Also, will depend on which Freshworks app you are using.

Thanks for getting back to me Troy.. I think I might have to approach this work in a multi-Zap way.. 😀 I am using Freshworks btw..

Do you know if there is a way that I can schedule a zap to run at a regular interval? ie once an hour, once a day - instead of being triggered by an ‘event’ ie a new row being added to a Google sheet? 

I would like to set up a scheduled task that basically runs a GET to our partner’s API and looks for a field value to be updated, then update that in a Google sheet cell. I need to parse a specific value each time (the tracking ID for a delivery which is populated in a previous Zap in a google sheet..

Cheers

Des

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DessyAnthonisz 

The Schedule app can be used as a Zap trigger: https://zapier.com/apps/schedule/integrations#triggers-and-actions