Best answer

Update Field of a record in Airtable when Frame.io status is changed

• 18 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Im trying to have a specific field updated in Air-table once the status is changed. 

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 19 December 2022, 04:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Rlaurence83 

The native frame.io integration doesn’t have trigger for status changes, however this is certainly doable with Webhooks that frame.io provides.

Here’s the documentation: https://developer.frame.io/docs/automations-webhooks/webhooks-overview

You will have to store all status changes info in Zapier storage because you can’t explicitly tell which part of the project was updated when the webhook triggers

Userlevel 1
Badge

thanks so much rob for the reply. New to alot of this stuff so playing around a-bit. Appreciate the feed back and will look into it. Ive checked out a few other options but most are over my head :( was hoping zaiper would provide a solution. Cheers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Rlaurence83 I’m sorry it couldn’t be done without delving into webhooks and storage! If you do decide to give this a try, let us know - there are a few members in our community that know webhooks quite well and could likely assist in helping you get this set up. 💖

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Jesse - tbh im a little lost :( have gone down a rabbit hole of APIs / Webhooks thru google cloud services and trying to create it that way but my limited experience is definitely slowing me down - think i need to undertands a bit more about how to code a basic API then i could figure out the rest - appreciate the reply.  I may reach out if i get stuck somewhere down the lin e

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Jesse after having another look into web-hooks i ave somewhat figured it out and its starting to make a little more sense to me :) i found a good guide on frame.io for using web-hooks with zaiper that clarified a few things so i may indeed recap back out to the community and figure out the storage aspect :) thanks again for the help