Question

Trouble with Formatting Data from Webhook GET Request

• 28 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project where I'm using a Zapier webhook to make a GET request to the Lockimmo API. The data I'm receiving from the API is not being formatted correctly by Zapier, and I'm having trouble using it in my subsequent actions.

The data from the API is in JSON format, but it seems like Zapier is not parsing it in the way I expect. I'm trying to use this data to create or update items in monday.com or even google sheet, but the format of the data is not compatible.

Here's an example of the data I'm receiving from the API:

{items : { 1 : { my_data.name, my_data.foo },2 : { my_data.name, my_data.foo }}}
and as output I got all the name of my_data.name in one variable, same for others keys.

I must precise I have like 400 items in this list and have many keys around 30, but only 10 are needed.)

I need to be able to create for each item, a new row or a new item in monday.com

I also try to use the Formatter by zapier, but I end up with the same result.

Thanks ahead for your help.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kevinaz 

Good question.

To help give us full and proper context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the data outputs you are trying to use, thanks.

Userlevel 1
getting the data from my url ( get action) the data format is an array of objects.
This how the data looks like. Each number is an object from the array. so we have user 1 and then user 2. 
Trying to setting up that on googlesheet. For each user, I want a row. But when I try to link the userID field, I get all the userID in one cell in the first row.

@Troy Tessalone 

I hope this help to understand. Thanks ahead for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kevinaz 

Try using this Zap action: GSheets - Create Row(s)

Userlevel 1

I missed this action !! Thanks a lot @Troy Tessalone <3 !
I have another question, If I want to create the rows, but only when there is a new item compare to the existing table, how would you manage it ?
Many thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kevinaz 

You’d have to use these steps:

Action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Items

Action: GSheets - Lookup Row (with the Create Row checkbox enabled)

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Many thanks you rock !