Question

Still getting Rate Limited by Google Sheets ...

• 12 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi guys,

One of my automations has started getting turned off due to an error saying “("('Google has rate limited your calls to the Sheets API. Auto retrying in 60 seconds', 60)", 60)” …

The error places many calls into Waiting but quickly the number of errors forces the Zap to turn off.

Is there a way to prevent the Zap turning off OR to know what the Rate Limit is for Google and then apply that to the Zap / User / Account / Zapier by throttling?

Of course I could feed my data in by chunks at a time and try to figure out when the Rate Limit triggers :)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alennx 

Good question.

We would need more context.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

OR, I vaguely remember I was able to set my acceptable number of error to 2000 for a given folder … can I have that done for my folder called “Open Claims Reports? Please and thank you Sir, that would fix it, happy to pay the tasks overage ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alennx 

You would have to open a ticket with Zapier Support to make that request: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Wilco, thank you Sir

Well, I put in a ticket on this 11 days ago and have not received any response by email … is everyone OK over there? Maybe I should bring over some coffee and donuts, pick the energy levels a bit?