Best answer

POST to Zapier Webhook on Wordpress Page Load

• 22 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Here is the scenario:

1. Mailchimp Email campaign that has button which goes to thank you page on our site with URL parameter for the contact's email address.
  2. Extract the email from url parameter and then send to Zapier webhook to process my Zap (bringing that email along for the ride).

This is a Wordpress site using Beaver Builder so I was hoping there was some way to nest some Javascript that can read the url parameter on page load and then POST over to Zapier webhook....is that even possible?

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 August 2022, 22:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @capriversjon 

Good question.

Yes, it’s possible, but the solution would involve front end JavaScript on the WordPress page to parse the URL query string parameters, then pass into a POST request to the webhook to trigger the Zap, which is mostly outside the normal realm of support for what is covered here.

Zaps are used for backend app to app automations.

Another approach might be to try to use this Zap trigger: Mailchimp - Link Clicked

Test and see if the returned data includes the full link with the query string parameters populated.

If yes, then that the email address can be easily parsed out in the Zap.

Userlevel 1

Ok, thank you for the confirmation that it is at least possible, I will see if I can find somebody on Fiverr that can possibly do this for me on the front-end JS side. 

The Zap for button click is a great option to know about however it’s campaign specific so we would have to either update it or go create separate Zaps for each of our campaigns which does not scale that well. 

Thanks again!