Question

Possible to return a list of all values from a Sub-Zap?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

When defining the data to be returned in a sub zap, I am only able to pick individual values as source data.

Is it possible to return a list / array somehow ?

In my case, this is a list of objects. Is it necessary/required to first join all values together?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @FabienK,

You can combine items into array/line-items using this formatter tool: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-line-items-in-zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FabienK 

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted via a ticket to Zapier Support to be logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Hi @FabienK,

You can combine items into array/line-items using this formatter tool: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-line-items-in-zaps

Hey @robschmidt ,

I have already the items as line items in one step of my subzap, problem is I cannot select the full set of line items in by last step return to a sub zap, i am only allowed to select one value out of the line items of my previous step….

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FabienK 

Can you post screenshots with how your Sub-Zap steps are configure for us to have more context?

Can you outline a specific example as well for us to trace the data flow and available data points?

Userlevel 1

@FabienK

Can you post screenshots with how your Sub-Zap steps are configure for us to have more context?

Can you outline a specific example as well for us to trace the data flow and available data points?

First screenshot with data that I want to return from the sub zap:

• object legalEntity with 3 properties within
  • array emergencyContacts (only one item here but there could be several)

In the return From a Sub-Zap I can only return atomic properties, not an object neither an array:

Could not screenshot the popup window with property to select here

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FabienK 

Thanks for the sharing the screenshots.

You should be able to return each individual data point.

For example, this would be available as 3 different variables to map.

Userlevel 1

@FabienK

Thanks for the sharing the screenshots.

You should be able to return each individual data point.

For example, this would be available as 3 different variables to map.

Yes, I figured that already. Question was more about returning the object itself as it saves number of variables.

What about arrays though ?

I guess it is probably a new feature to add, which I believed should be pretty straightforward to implement as individual steps allows already to return both objects and arrays...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FabienK 

Objects are converted to individual variables.

Arrays can be returned.

Userlevel 1

@FabienK

Objects are converted to individual variables.

Arrays can be returned.

How to do so ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FabienK

Emergency Contacts (EC) are an array. (e.g. 1 as shown in the screenshot below)

Each EC object data point can be returned separately. (e.g. EC Type, EC Name, etc.)

If there are multiple EC items in the array, then the returned variable will be an array.

For example, say there are 2 EC and you want to return the EC Email data point.

You’d map EC Email and it would look something like “e1@test.com, e2@test.com”

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum.