Best answer

Parse JSON Feed and trigger Post request (with JSON data) for each new item

• 17 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi all. I’m new to Zapier and researched quite a bit but did not really understand yet how the solution might work since there are so many apps.

What I need to do:

• As source I have a JSON feed that i can retrieve via GET
  • The JSON feed contains multiple news items, lets say with date, title, body

I want to regularly parse that JSON feed and whenever there is a new item in the feed (the old items “stay”), I want to send a post request with a JSON body (with the data from the item from the feed, e.g. date, title, body) to a endpoint where a push notification is triggered.

Form what i see the RSS Feed app would do exactly that but works with RSS, not JSON.. Is there sth similar? To send the request, do I need the webhook app or the Code app to create the request using JavaScript?

Thanks for any hints.

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 17 June 2022, 15:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @polygonwindow 

Try using a the Webhook > Retrieve Poll trigger

Hi @polygonwindow 

Try using a the Webhook > Retrieve Poll trigger

thank you very much! And this should work with a JSON feed that receives new items every now and then and just triggers a request for the “new” items?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@polygonwindow 

yes, as long as the json feed is sorted in such a way that the new items are the most recent thing in the feed