Question

Need to update partially blank row in google sheets with info from webhook

• 24 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Trying to create a new row or update a row in google sheets from a webhook. The data will load fine, all of that is working well. However, column R and T need to keep a formula in them for all rows on the sheet. I want the info from the webhook to be added on the sheet in what are now blank columns a-Q, but I want it to load on the next line where columns a-q are empty. Since I have text already in columns R and T, it is adding the new row on the first row that is fully empty. This doesn't work for me as I need R&T to run a formula based on the text entered in the zap. I have tried to do update or add new rows to google sheet and add new row to google sheet. I'm sure there has to be a way to do this, right?  Or, I am also pulling the info over to another sheet by way of a formula from sheet 1 to sheet 2, but I can’t grab the info from sheet 2 to send to another google sheet because it doesn’t show that it has any values, probably because it is a formula in the cells. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DAVE HOWARD 

Good question.

I’d recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets.

Otherwise, you need to use ARRAYFORMULA in the GSheet: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093275?hl=en

Or you need to pass the GSheet column formula as part of the Zap.