Question

Issue with Monday Get Item by Column Value in monday.com

• 12 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Has anyone experienced this before. 

I am trying to pull in Monday data into Zapier so that I can update fields in Monday when someone reschedules. So to break it down:

I have the Monday Reschedule function. 

I then have 3 checks using Get Item by Column Value in monday.com (three different databases) to see if the person exists in any of these databases. 

What I am finding is, for some reason, even though I am clicking a specific reschedule appointment

In the “get Item by Column Value” it’s actually pulling the completely wrong person making it so I cannot do proper checks to get my zapier to actually launch.

What I DO find though is if I get it to launch, it WILL run right but just not during the test. 

Anyone else experience this? ​​​​​​​

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just to expand. You will see that this value is returning true, when this person does NOT exist in this database.

And then in the RIGHT database (Where the lead DOES exist...) it is pulling the completely wrong person. It is pulling “john” when the persons name is “omar”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @alexadagostino 

Good questions.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zaps steps are configured with the variables mapped between Zap steps for us to have more context, thanks.