Question

How to upload multiple files using Webhook action?

Badge

I have a zap that POSTS this data to a WebHook. The webhook is expecting multiple files using multipart/form-data. If I choose Webhooks By Zapier -> Post I can see that it let’s me add one file; however I cannot find a way to upload multiple files at once.

The webhook is expecting formatting as follows:

curl --location --request POST 'https://api.examplewebservice.com/convert/merge/docx/multi' \

--header 'Content-Type: multipart/form-data' \

--header 'Apikey: YOUR-API-KEY-HERE' \

--form 'inputFile1=@"/path/to/file"' \

--form 'inputFile2=@"/path/to/file"' \

--form 'inputFile3=@"/path/to/file"' \

--form 'inputFile4=@"/path/to/file"'

Is there a way to do this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

19 replies

Badge

any thoughts on this?

Badge

Hello

I’ve added this - but still doesn’t seem to work

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LBernard 

Make sure you have the correct headers set

Badge

I am using a direct link by adding the text of the url and then the ID of the file but it seems to consider that simply as text?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LBernard 

The Shareable Link is not the right link to use.

Needs to be a direct link to the file.

Article to reference for which GDrive file link format to use:

Badge

I tried this. I used the option that anyone on the internet can edit but still not working.

I’m not sure what else to try?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LBernard

The Files need to be publicly accessible, so you may need to adjust the File Sharing Preference settings.

Badge

I tried uploading files to Google Drive and then using the “Self link” and the “Download URL” but it simply treats it as text and doesn’t work. Any other idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LBernard

These need to be file URLs, not file objects.

You may need to upload those to a publicly accessible cloud storage drive in order to get the file URLs to use in the Zap.

Badge

Please see the screenshot below:

I have tried two different options - either trying to attach an actual file to the form or entering a URL of the file. Entering a URL of a file doesn’t seem to work as it recognises it simply as text and adding the file itself doesn’t seem to work either. Is there something else I can try?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LBernard 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured for us to have more context?

Badge

If you use the form, as suggested, you can only add text.
Therefore for inputFile1, inputFile2, etc I add text which is a url to a file but that doesn’t work.

From what I can tell there is no way to add an actual file - unless I am missing something.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LBernard 

Are you trying to pass a File URL or a File Object into the inputFile1, etc?

Badge

Yes - if i add the parameters like inputFile1 and inputFile2 to the data section as you suggested then it only let’s me add text to the value field. 

Perhaps there is a method to enocde the files into text but I’m not sure if that’s possible and if so how to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LBernard 

Have you tried using a regular POST request with the parameters configured in the Data section?

Badge

I am using an API by cloudmersive that helps me merge multi docx files. The end-point I am using is MergeDocument. See https://api.cloudmersive.com/swagger/index.html?urls.primaryName=Convert%20API

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LBernard 

Please link to the API documentation you are referencing for configuring the request, thanks.

Badge

Hi @LBernard 

Good question.

Try using a Custom Request with the Webhooks app.

I tried this but I can’t see how this would work with a custom request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LBernard 

Good question.

Try using a Custom Request with the Webhooks app.