Question

How to set webhook PUT event

• 19 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have first zap to catch webhook from Hospitable to capture direct booking reservation. Since Hospitable doesn’t handle tax and payment yet, I mark up a percentage of the booking price in zapier to collect required taxes. Then I create and send Stripe payment link.

In a second zap I look up stripe id to tell the same reservation has been paid by guest. I want to try update that original reservation’s price that in Hospitable did not auto include taxes and its booking status. I am not sure how to use the webhook with put event. Google tells me to use webhook ID. But I don’t see one in the catch  or put event of webhook. I see things like guest id, listing id, user id, reservation code, and the webhook URL. 

I am not sure what goes into Data and what into Headers.

Or what payload type to use, or Basic Auth etc.

I can’t find any example in this forum.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @wishstr 

Good question.

Please link to the Hospitable API endpoint you are trying to use, thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge

APIs have two keys. A client ID and client secret. I’ve used it for integration with pricelabs. I used webhook catch in zap 1 to capture reservation info, not API.

How do I use API in zapier to update reservation price? what is the name of the app and do you have an example?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@wishstr 

Please link to the Hospitable API endpoint you are trying to use, thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I don’t understand that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I don’t understand that. 

Hi @wishstr 

We need the link to the app  “Hospitable” API Documentation. Is it this one https://smartbnb.stoplight.io/docs/api-docs/b3A6MTY0NjM5NA-get-reservations ? 

If so, I don’t see any PUT events for Reservations.