Question

How to retrieve a list of files from a Sharepoint folder?

• 26 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

we’re trying to display a list of files from a SharePoint folder on our Bubble website. The files could have various names and types. Could anybody help to give me pointers on how to set this up?

I’ve played around with the SharePoint connector, but it only provides me with an option to find a single file for which I have to provide the name.
I’ve also played around with a JavaScript and Python Code snippet, but given that I’m new to Zapier and the limited debugging in Zapier didn’t help :/

Thanks for your help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @phinex 

Good question.

Most Zap app triggers/actions work on a per record basis. (not multi)

You’d have to explore using the SharePoint API: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/get-to-know-the-sharepoint-rest-service?tabs=csom

Thanks for your prompt response, @Troy Tessalone! Hm, bummer! I was afraid you’d say that. I loved how easy Zapier made it to create a new folder structure (in our case, when a new project gets started). Feels odd that Zapier allows to create folders and files, but then when I want to check whether a folder is already existing or how many files are in the folder before saving a file (e.g., to ensure proper revision naming), I suddenly run against a wall. :/