Question

How do I track daily YouTube video views in a Google Sheet using APIs and Zapier?

• 15 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I want to count the number of views for every video on my YouTube channel in a daily google sheet, up to a point that is 70% of the video's length.
When I go to Google Cloud, there are 3 different types of YouTube API, YouTube Analytics API, and YouTube Report API, and I don't know how to apply them in Zapier, so I'm very confused and desperate for help.
If anyone can help, I will not forget my gratitude.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @joon,

Your specific use-case requires a series of multiple code related steps to be implemented. Below are some of the steps which needs to be implemented: 

• Set up Google Cloud Platform project.
  • Enable YouTube Analytics API and create OAuth 2.0 credentials.
  • Authorize access and make API requests to retrieve video view counts.
  • Record data in Google Sheets and automate daily updates.

For your specific use-case I would suggest to give quik.run a try. It's a versatile tool from where you can create custom code snippets, and seamlessly integrate with Zapier to incorporate your snippets directly into your Zap workflows.

Please refer to this blog to know more about QuikRun. If you'd like further assistance or have any questions, feel free to connect with me at nparashar150@gmail.com or naman@quik.run. I'd be more than happy to help you get this up and running as soon as possible.