Question

How do I set up the webhook to get the online invoice url from Xero?

• 19 March 2024
  • 3 replies

This question has been asked before but all I've found in terms of answers is to look at the developers API instructions from Xero but these just don't make sense to me when I'm looking at the setup in zapier. Can anyone tell me what I need to put in all these fields so I can get this zap to work? Just wanting to pull the online invoice url to bring into my CRM, so I can include this link in the emails I send to my customers. TIA!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Nb_ride 

Perhaps give this a try: Xero - Custom Action

Use the AI to help configure the custom action for the Xero API.

Hi @Troy Tessalone thanks for the suggestion. I have tried that now, but didn’t have any luck. Started to look promising but then when I tried to do a test run back in the zap it gave me an error message. Any other tips? I have included a screen shot of the error and also the set up through the custom actions function, in which perhaps I’m missing something crucial. Maybe I’ll need to hire an expert but I’d love to figure this out myself if possible! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

You need to include the ‘xero-tenant-id’ with the correct value for the Xero organization you’re working with in the header.

You also need to include a Bearer token that is generated by Zapier, but we have no way of accessing that. So, at this time, my investigations have led me to believe we can’t build any custom actions.