Question

How do I connect multiple Calendly accounts to Zapier with API keys?

• 9 October 2023
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I’m trying to connect multiple Calendly accounts to Zapier with API keys. I can connect my own account easily by logging in, but now I want to connect one of my client’s account with his Calendly API key. However, whenever I click “add connection,” it automatically duplicates my own account’s connection and doesn’t give me an option to connect with an API key. I have Slack starter and Calendly premium.

I’ve troubleshooted with friends and they’ve sent me looms of them doing the same exact thing as me but getting an option to input an API key. I’ve tried this in different chrome profiles, incognito browsers, and I’ve removed my own Calendly account and re-added it multiple times - nothing worked. I click “add connection,” a pop-up comes up, loads for a bit, then closes and automatically duplicates my original connection. It seems like this pop-up is where it should prompt me to input an API key, but I get nothing. Zapier support told me to try in an incognito window and I haven’t heard anything else.

Can anyone help with this??

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Peter427 

Good question.

Try using a new/different private browser each time.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Peter427 

Good question.

Try using a new/different private browser each time.

Appreciate the response @Troy Tessalone - I’ve tried that with no luck. It still asks me to log in the normal way to my calendly, so I do and then I still don’t have an option to enter an API key.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Peter427 

Make sure you are using the newer version of the Calendly Zap app. (without the version #)

Userlevel 1

@Peter427

Make sure you are using the newer version of the Calendly Zap app. (without the version #)

Just double checked - I am. In fact, the option with the numbers doesn’t even show up for me

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Peter427 

The newest Calendly Zap app version doesn’t use API keys.

You need to login to authenticate.

Userlevel 1

@Peter427

The newest Calendly Zap app version doesn’t use API keys.

You need to login to authenticate.

Ah gosh, and is there no way to use the older app? So does that mean I’d need actual Calendly log-in info from all my clients?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Peter427 

You can select/connect the older version of the Calendly Zap app here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

NOTE: Since that’s an older Calendly Zap app version which is based on likely soon to be deprecated API access, you are better off using the newer Calendly Zap app.

https://developer.calendly.com/how-to-migrate-from-api-v1-to-api-v2

How to migrate from API v1 to API v2

The support for V1 API and Webhooks will gradually be discontinued in the near future.
While still supported until then, we do not recommend using API v1, webhooks created using API v1, or apps integrated using the API key on your integrations page.
If you still need to integrate an app with API v1, ensure that the app on another platform makes an API key a requirement to integrate with Calendly.
If an API key is not mandatory, integrate your app with API v2.

Userlevel 1

@Peter427

You can select/connect the older version of the Calendly Zap app here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

NOTE: Since that’s an older Calendly Zap app version which is based on likely soon to be deprecated API access, you are better off using the newer Calendly Zap app.

https://developer.calendly.com/how-to-migrate-from-api-v1-to-api-v2

How to migrate from API v1 to API v2

The support for V1 API and Webhooks will gradually be discontinued in the near future.
While still supported until then, we do not recommend using API v1, webhooks created using API v1, or apps integrated using the API key on your integrations page.
If you still need to integrate an app with API v1, ensure that the app on another platform makes an API key a requirement to integrate with Calendly.
If an API key is not mandatory, integrate your app with API v2.

@Troy Tessalone appreciate all your help brother - there’s unfortunately only one calendly option when I search for it. Nothing with numbers pops up

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Peter427 

Unfortunately, that means only the newest Calendly Zap app integration is available for you to use.

Userlevel 1

I’m having the exact same problem.. For me the Calendly (1.0.2) doesn’t show up so I’m using the other version but running into the same problem.

Was anyone here able to find a way?

I am having a similar issue where I have multiple Calendly accounts and need to connect to one that is a different email account than what I used to set up Zapier, but it’s auto logging me into a Calendly account with the same email as my Zapier account. I don’t even remember linking my Zapier and Calendly accounts yet so I am not even sure how it’s doing this without prompting me for a password. I feel like this may be a bug in the new Zap/Calendly integration that it’s not prompting you to properly login to a Calendly account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kendraspock 

Try using a new/different private browser to connect apps to Zapier here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

That ended up working! Thank you @Troy Tessalone !

What the heck?  This makes no sense -- some of our clients log into their calendly accounts using their personal email, there is no user and pass… 

This means I would need to be able to log into every single one of our clients personal emails… to be able to log into calendly… to be able to connect to Zapier…? 

If this is the case, we are forced to cancel our subscription. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@trainedadvisor 

The new version of the Calendly Zap app uses OAuth2 to make the connection to Zapier.