Question

How do I choose which type of data format I need to use when setting up QuickBooks Online line item?

• 8 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi Team,

I am working on the web-hook implementation to insert data into the sheet. I have inserted the data in the sheet using web-hook  but having issue to choose which type of data format do I need to setup for quick book line items.

For example: Basically, I am working on the app where the user can make the design by itself and select the multiple garment with colours & sizes, quantity.

So, lets suppose,  I have an order and in the order, there can be single/multiple design(D1, D2) items and each design can have multiple garment with multiple/single combination(Garment, size, colour, Qty) so, I want to use these details(combination) to make the invoice with each combination and with the help of line items in the zap.

Please suggest me the data format that i need to add in the sheet by using web hook and about the grouped data(combination garment). Also, please assist me that, do i need to add the data in a single row of the sheet with comma separated like for design column(D1,D2) Garment column(G1, G2) or it can be multiple row? Right now i am adding the data in different row according to the combination of garment(garment, colour, size, qty) but i do not think this is a good approach. 

Apart from it, I would also need to show in the invoice that which garment is related to the which design etc. 

Hope you can understand my point..!

So, it would be really great if you can review it and assist me for a quick solution and share some suggestion for this. so that i can work on that flow accordingly.

Thank You.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @warmsocial!

Working with line items can be tricky, but I can give you a few tips that might help:

• The information from the webhook will need to be set up in line item format eg:
Screenshot showing sample line item data
  • The way that you add the information to a spreadsheet will depend on which app you’re using. If you’re using Google Sheets, there’s an action called Create Spreadsheet Row(s). This action can work with line item data and will create a new row of data for each line item. 
  • If you’re using another spreadsheet/database app, you can use Looping by Zapier. Use the Create Loop From Line Items action to create a set of actions that the Zap will run through for each line item in the webhook. 
  • Finally, if you can configure the payload of the webhook, you can set it up so that it will trigger the Zap once for each item in the payload (ie each line item). This help guide shows how you can do that. 

Hi @Danvers Thank you for your response and suggestion.

Could you please help me regarding the data format that we would need to add in the sheet? as we are using the web hook to adding the information in the google sheet. But I would need a format of the data and how  will  it be added in the sheet columns so that, i can configure it in zap to creating the invoice with these details. Please check the below details for more information.

Kindly, check the below screenshot of sheet for reference.

Also as i have mentioned in previous queries about the combination of data in an order and i am trying to add it in the json/array format in the sheet. Should i need to add the data in the below format like each design can have multiple combination with garment, colour, size, and quantity in an order.

{ lineItems:[ {design: design1, garments: "G1", colours: "C1",size:"S1",qty:"1"},{design: design1 garments: "G2",colours: "C2",size:"S2", qty:"5"}, {design: design2 garments: "G1",colours: "C1", size:"S1",qty:"1"}]}

To be honest, I don’t know about the format of data that will be inserted in the google sheet because of combination so that i can map the data in zap.

Could you please assist me about the data format with these combination details and how will it be added in the sheet columns?

For Example: 

Suppose, I have an order id 101 and this order has 2 designs. i.e  Design number - 1001, 1002 . And each design can have it’s own combination with garment colour size and quantity.

Order Id : 101, Design Number: 1001, garment: G1, Colour: C1, Qty: 1, Cost: 20
Order Id : 101, Design Number: 1001, garment: G1, Colour: C2, Qty: 5
Order Id : 101, Design Number: 1001, garment: G2, Colour: C1, Qty: 3 
Order Id : 101, Design Number: 1001, garment: G2, Colour: C5, Qty: 2
Order Id : 101, Design Number: 1001, garment: G4, Colour: C3, Qty: 2, Cost: 30

Order Id : 101, Design Number: 1002, garment: G1, Colour: C1, Qty: 1, Cost: 30
Order Id : 101, Design Number: 1002, garment: G1, Colour: C2, Qty: 5
Order Id : 101, Design Number: 1002, garment: G2, Colour: C1, Qty: 3
Order Id : 101, Design Number: 1002, garment: G2, Colour: C5, Qty: 2
Order Id : 101, Design Number: 1002, garment: G4, Colour: C3, Qty: 2, Cost: 30

Hope you can understand my point. It would be really great if i will get the idea about the data format that i need to add in the sheet column with above details so that i can pass the same format of data in the sheet using web-hook and can try to configure it for invoice.

Thanks