Question

Google Sheets > Wix Webhook issue 'The value does not match the field type'

• 12 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello community,

I have a Webhook POST action set up to pull from a Google Sheet whenever there is a New or Updated Spreadsheet Row and then upsert/synch this into a Wix database updating column fields based on the member email.

From what I can tell on the Zapier side from using the Transfer existing data option, the columns all line up appropriately to transfer field data over, but then when the field data appears with a ‘!’ triangle and the message says 'The value does not match the field type' for some of the columns (see below). #VALUE is what should appear in Strengths and StrengthsImage columns for now. Tags data did not POST any text, Strengths did, and StrengthsImage did, but still has the error. Convert does not seem to help.

For Tags I’ve tried Tags formatting and Text formatting and neither seems to show the long string of text that’s supposed to appear (ex. “AssessmentList, All, Ideation...”). Also, this used to work with the same script previously but it seems something changed on Wix’s end that made the data formatting prevent it to populate.

If anybody has any tips, I would love the support. I would glad to provide more information to assist here.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rutscje 

To help us have more context, we would need to see how your Zap steps are configured.

Thanks Troy!

I hope the screenshots at the bottom help for the way Zapier is configured.

Here is the code snippet in Javascript on the backend ‘http-functions.js’ script that is the handler for this POST:

Zapier configuration:

I cut out the Headers since this is private authentication info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rutscje 

Perhaps try asking ChatGPT for help troubleshooting the code and encountered error.