Best answer

GET Action from Funraisin/Stripe

• 11 November 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m trying so desperately to get this working but I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing :P 

We use Funraisin platform for our charity and Stripe for our payment platform. Stripe provides a breakdown of the fees charged for a transaction whereas Funraisin does not. Funraisin has the event information that we need for the transaction though. 

We want to create a Xero Bill for the fees from Stripe but be able to have the event information as tracking categories from Funraisin. I have tried doing a Catch Hook from Funraisin and then a Find Transaction from Stripe but it doesn’t work. So, I’m trying to do a GET action from Funraisin but have no idea how to fill out the information I need! Does someone have an example on how to fill this out or any experience with Funraisin to get these systems to talk to each other nicely???? 

THANK YOU

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 18 November 2021, 11:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Patrisha 

Consider hiring a Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Patrisha!

I’m not too familiar with Funraisin or Stripe’s API but usually the Headers section would look something like this:

577ddbe726d1bfa2a0189b42725f9758.png
If sending the request as JSON you’ll also want to change the Send As JSON field to Yes instead of No. We have further details on how to set up webhook steps here: Send webhooks in Zaps

Alternatively, the existing Stripe integration has a Find Charge search action that you may be able to use instead.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks Sam! 

I don’t really fully understand what any of that actually does but I will give it a shot. 

The Find Charge features doesn’t seem to give the breakdown of the fees as we have Stripe Fees and Funraisin Fees (which Stripe does have). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re welcome, @Patrisha! Hopefully it will help to get it working. :) 

I’ve done some digging into the Find Charge for the Stripe integration and you’re quite right! It seems there’s a feature request open to get the transaction fee details returned. So I’ve added your vote for that feature request on your behalf. I can’t give an ETA on when it may be implemented but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is. 

In the meantime, it looks like setting up a webhook step to search Stripe’s API would allow you to find the transaction fee details. It appears that the endpoint you’d want to reference for that is the Retrieve a balance transaction one. As it looks like it contains details of the Stripe fees: 
f7c4ca5ae30b308c652e0f1597ad1063.png