Best answer

Create Asana task when cell value falls below a numeric value

• 13 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Dear Community,

I would like to create a Task in Asana when a cell value in a google sheet goes below 80%.

I assume I need to use webhooks, but I am having trouble finding the right way to do it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by SamB 20 August 2021, 17:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sinan 

Try this GSheet trigger

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Sinan 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here for anyone to also suggest the use of a Filter by Zapier step. 

Troy is totally right on the suggestion of using the Google Sheets New or Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger. It has the ability to allow the Zap to fire on a changes to cell values in a specific Column. And if you couple that with a Filter, it would be possible to check whether a percentage value drops below 80%.

For example, with the Filter setup shown below, a value of 75% in my Google Sheet’s “Percentage” column would pass the Filter:

0218ed2c911d4a4410870079fe4865ed.png

But a value of 85% would not pass the Filter:

39e234d7bad9cb1cc7f46c3bf880c9bc.png

Then you’d follow that up with whatever actions you’re looking to carry out, like a Create Task Asana action. This would result in tasks only being added to Asana when the percentage value drops below 80%. 

You can read more about how to add Filters to your Zaps here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

One thing to note here is that with the New or Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger the updates would need to be unique in order for the Zap to see them. You can find our more about that here: The "Updated Spreadsheet Row" trigger stopped triggering