Question

airtable URL link » PDF file » chatGPT summary » airtable

• 18 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all

I have a base of all proposed state-level legislation in Rhode Island annually, including the URL of the bill (a link to the bill PDF) itself. Here’s an example bill URL: http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText/BillText21/HouseText21/H5582.pdf

I am looking to use that PDF URL to send the pdf to chatgpt, to summarize the bill text in chatgpt, then return the summary to airtable.

I DO NOT think this is a text parsing / OCR issue? I can upload the PDF directly into chatgpt and get the summary just fine. I also would love to avoid having to pay for an ADDITIONAL parsing service just for this task. The problem seems to be getting the PDF *file* (not the URL) into chatgpt using zapier.

Try 1

I have used a webhook to generate an auto-downloadable PDF link to send to chatgpt, which I thought would solve my problems. Nope, chatgpt cannot recognize.

Try 2

I’ve also tried doing 2 zaps: a) to convert the bill URL to the bill PDF within Airtable, then b) send THAT pdf URL to chatgpt instead. Chatgpt still does not recognize.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zackmezera 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.