Question

Zoho CRM error: Required field "Advertising Period" (string:::Advertising_Period) is missing. Required field "Billing Frequency" (string:::Billing_Frequency) is missing

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I wish to sync data from a JotForm based form into Bigin CRM by Zoho CRM. I’m getting an error and can’t work out why. See screengrab for issue.

Form link below:

https://form.jotform.com/230802538162047

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @philip_reece,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, to ensure that we have sufficient context, kindly share detailed screenshots of your Zap steps configuration, especially the Bigin by Zoho CRM action step. Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

See loom video showing steps:

https://www.loom.com/share/09c210e781394fdb98163a2ad715eacf

I want the following to happen. Customer visits website contact page where they can fill in a simple contact form by Bigin CRM. This contact form populates the contacts inside Bigin CRM. The reason I have a separate Booking Form in JotForm is becuase I want to capture extra data that relates to a client who has moved from lead status to booking status. My question is, once the JotForm is filled out will it automatically overwrite the Bigin CRM or do I just manually add the data to the CRM.

The JotForm works on its own and I’m receiving the output from the form in my email. The Bigin CRM form also works on my website. I just wanted to see if Zapier could move the data from JotForm to Bigin CRM automatically as it provides a better form than Bigin CRM.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @philip_reece 

Hopping in to see if I can help!

Have you changed or edited something in your form in JotForm? If so, load the most recent sample in the trigger step (JotForm) and then select the most recent one so that the Zap will pull the latest information from the form.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @philip_reece!

I took a look at the video (thanks for sharing that) and noticed this:

The sample that’s coming from JotForm doesn’t have anything in the fields you’ve mapped to Advertising Period and Billing Frequency. Can you try getting a new sample from JotForm, or submit a new test yourself that contains something in those fields? Then retry the test for the Bigin step.

I removed the old zap and rebuilt it. Now I am getting this error.

Hi @philip_reece!

I took a look at the video (thanks for sharing that) and noticed this:

The sample that’s coming from JotForm doesn’t have anything in the fields you’ve mapped to Advertising Period and Billing Frequency. Can you try getting a new sample from JotForm, or submit a new test yourself that contains something in those fields? Then retry the test for the Bigin step.

Good tip. thank you. I’m still experiencing issues and I might get an expert to help me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @philip_reece,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the “Invalid time value” error might come from the “Start Date” field since that field looks for a certain date format (yyyy-mm-dd).

4c637f9cab9c2fb9609d6749bb9c043d.png
(view larger)

Could you please ensure that you’re passing the correct date format in the “Start Date” field?

Additionally, if you’re looking for one of our Zapier Experts you can find them here: https://zapier.com/experts

Keep us posted! 😊