Best answer

Zapier Slack Triggers for Channel contain two different Organisations

• 18 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi, I have created a Zap which reads a Slack message from a private channel then conduct rows serach in Gsheets then return result to Slack. It works perfectly within the same Organisation but I would like to extent to our vendor which is being categorized as an different organisation. Our admin has granded access to this organisation to post, invite different person and I’ve allowed this origansation to post in the channel too. It is; however when the different organisation post a message to the channel, the Zap does not run. I’ve tested the trigger which I can see the message post by vendor but in Zap history the Zap was never ran. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by chanelle 4 May 2023, 22:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @richardmui!

I’m afraid that you’re not doing anything wrong, this is an issue that we know about and are looking into.

When there’s a user who is not in the same organisation as the connected Slack account, the New message in channel won't trigger for that user.  I've added you as an affected user on the issue report, which lets the team know how many users have been affected and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.

I hope that’s all clear and I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you. 

Thanks, @Danvers 

If I clone the same to a different channel but those people in the channel are another organisation, will that work? Just like to see if there were any workaround solution. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m not 100% sure that I understand what you’re looking to do - do you mean if you clone the Zap but the only people in the channel are from another organisation, will that work? If that is what you were thinking, then unfortunately, it won't. 

Essentially the New message in channel will only trigger for people in your org. More specifically, it will only trigger for people in the organisation of the Slack account that is connected to the Zap. 

If you have people that are active in the Slack channel, you could ask them to add a reactji to the message and use that to trigger a Zap with the New Reaction Added trigger. I know that’s not a great option because it involves a manual step of someone adding the reaction. 

I’m sorry I can’t think of a better workaround 😔

Hi @Danvers I can see the issue seems is now fixed (still testing as of writing), can you confirm if there were anything done at your backend?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @richardmui! 👋

Sam here, hopping in for Danvers to confirm that the bug report is still open at present.

I can’t see whether there’s been a specific change to fix this issue but I do know it’s being worked on. It’s not officially closed at this point but it’s certainly possible that the team may have implemented a recent change that has fixed it, but are carrying out further tests to confirm it’s definitely working correctly before closing it out. 

Either way, I’m glad that it appears to fixed now. We’ll be sure to to pop an update here to confirm when the issue has been officially closed, in addition to notifying you by email. Until then, happy Zapping! ⚡

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@richardmui Hi there, here with an update. The developers have confirmed that this bug has been fixed! Let us know if you have any questions! 😃