Question

Zapier not copying data validation from previous cell in column in Excel

• 20 December 2023
  • 6 replies

I’ve set up a Zap:

Form fill on Unbounce creates new row in Excel. 

All the columns are filling correctly; HOWEVER, the Status column with a drop down (data validation) IS NOT copying down to new row entry. I’ve included a screenshot. It’s working fine on another tab on the same spreadsheet too! I’ve tried duplicating that tab but no go. 

Hope you can help as this is driving me crazy!

Thanks!

6 replies

It’s working on another tab in the same spreadsheet. But I’m thinking more the problem is with the Excel spreadsheet. Not Zapier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dovid 

I don’t know if when the Zap inserts a new row to Excel it will copy of column format from the previous row.

You may want to try using GSheets instead.

Yes. I realize that. But my Excel workbook has 1 row. Zapier is adding a row under it, but it is not copying and pasting the dropdown (data validation) choices from the previous cell in the previous row. Make snese?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dovid 

For example, if your Excel worksheet has 100 rows, and the Zap Runs, it will now have 101 rows, because a new row was inserted.

Not sure what you mean. I’m aware Zaps add new rows. That’s fine. That’s what I want the Zap to do. It’s just not copying and pasting the dropdown (data validation) choices from the previous row. Make snese?

My client prefers Excel.

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dovid 

Zaps add new rows, rather than filling in existing rows.

You may be better served using Airtable instead of Excel.