Best answer

Zapier isn't reading Wix image uploads as files or URLs.

• 10 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone! I wanted to start a discussion on an issue that it seems a few others have also encountered.

I have a Zapier zap that runs when a custom Wix form is submitted on our Wix site. The Wix form has first name, last name, 2 image upload fields and an expiration date field.

For some reason, the data in (on Zapier’s side) does not read the image files as a .jpg or a URL and instead just lists it as text. Specifically, the image data looks like this:

wix:image://v1/bba06e_e85530b80de74602b512e4570a2bdcb2~mv2.png/IMG_1124.png#originWidth=2732&originHeight=2048

And to be clear, I understand there can only be one image in the file attachment field for Zapier & it still doesn’t come through as a URL when I do that.

In turn, when the next step of the zap runs, which is supposed to move the form data to a 3rd party site (Podio), it creates a TXT file showing the exact text that is listed above, instead of attaching as the image file itself (jpg file.)

I’ve tried the zap via both the Wix custom form submissions and also a Wix CMS submission with no luck. I’ve also contacted Wix over the issue and the expert claimed it was an issue on the Zapier end. I’m not entirely convinced of that…however, there is clearly an issue with both Wix & Zapier communicating with each other when it comes to actual documents or images coming through.

I’m trying to make the issue known to both parties, but was also wondering if anyone has experienced something similar, or found a solution to this or a workaround.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 11 January 2024, 11:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Raychiljay,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

After looking at the documentation for Wix, it appears this is not currently possible. We have an open Feature Request letting Wix know users are requesting files to be sent over in the payload of data received from Trigger events. I have added your email to a list of users who are interested in seeing this feature added. If and when this feature is added, we will send you a note to let you know you can use it in your Zaps.

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

Hi there @Raychiljay,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

After looking at the documentation for Wix, it appears this is not currently possible. We have an open Feature Request letting Wix know users are requesting files to be sent over in the payload of data received from Trigger events. I have added your email to a list of users who are interested in seeing this feature added. If and when this feature is added, we will send you a note to let you know you can use it in your Zaps.

Hopefully, this helps.

Thank you! I appreciate that. Hopefully it becomes available sooner than later🤞🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @Raychiljay! I’m glad I was able to help by adding your vote to the feature request.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Hi @Raychiljay @ken.a,

Maybe by chance you found a solution to this issue? I also have the same problem😔

Thnks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Elon,

A workaround for this issue might be hard to find because this could be a limitation from the Wix API. With that said, I have added you to the feature request. While we can’t provide an ETA for the features implementation. We will let you know via email once it is.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

please add me to this list to be notified if this feature becomes available! @ken.a !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @wiseG,

I have added you to the feature request as another interested member. We will keep you in the loop via email once the feature has been implemented.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.