Question

Zapier error "The imported event has a conversion_date_time that precedes the click..."

• 29 February 2024
  • 5 replies

hey everybody,

i have taken a look at other posting to this topic, but i have not found the answer. I have offline conversions setup on Google Ads from Hubspot via zapier, but i keep on getting the following error for every conversion action:

The imported event has a conversion_date_time that precedes the click. Make sure your conversion_date_time is correct and try again., at conversions[0].conversion_date_time

I have already put in the correct time zone in zapier, but the error keeps on happening.

Anyone has an idea how to find a solution?

thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@philiip99 

For us to have context, post screenshots with how this steps are now outlined and configured.

Check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

hey Troy, hope that helps and gives context, these are the errors and the way we have set it up. I just saw that the time in Data in actually dates back to 10-2021. That is very weird, how is that possible? In the zap we have the timestamp mapped to hubspots contact information create date. Happy for some help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@philiip99

There’s a chance the HubSpot Contact was created before you had the GAds Campaigns running.

Try using a current timestamp when the Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/insert-the-time-your-zap-runs-into-a-field

hey @Troy Tessalone thank you! I changed the timestamp to {{zap_meta_human_now}}, but it seems like now there aren´t any conversions recorded in Google Ads. Weirdly enough for the zaps, where i changed the timestamp but also for one conversion action, where i did not change respective zap. Timewise it must more or less be the same time, when it stopped working and when i changed the zaps. Although it shouldn´t have anything to do with each other it looks odd to me. The disagnostics tab in Google Ads shows me the following alerts:

My guess is, that the one with “Conversion action not found” is responsible for the missing conversions. I didn´t change anything other than the zaps though. Do you have any idea, what i can do now? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @philiip99 

For us to have full context, post screenshots without the steps are outlined and configured along with the encountered error.