Question

Zapier authentication with a private WordPress site.

• 20 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Currently, I have a zap that creates a new user in Wordpress when a document is signed in DocuSign. This works.

However, I want the wordpress site to be private, but the rest api is restricted, so I get 401 errors.

I’m trying to figure out what endpoints Zapier uses to authenticate so that I can allow access for these. Any ideas? I can be the only one that would like to use Zapier on a private wordpress website.

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @WorkingTogether2023 

Good question.

Help

Error: 500 Internal Server Error or other trouble connecting

In order to connect to WordPress, you must have XML-RPC functionality turned on. This is turned on by default in WordPress 3.5+. If you're having issues connecting, go to Settings > Writing > Remote Publishing and check the checkbox.

You may also receive this error if your WordPress installation is secured and not publicly available. Unfortunately, the installation must be publicly accessible to work with Zapier.

Also, we're unable to provide IPs to allowlist as our IPs are not static - they rotate because we use AWS. If you'd like, you should be able to allowlist a block of IPs from AWS to make this work. You would just need to make sure the list you're allowing is the us-east-1 IP range.

AWS provides a list of their IP address ranges at https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json. You can read more about how to use those IPs here.

Additionally, Zapier's calls will always include the header User-Agent: Zapier, so this may be an alternative when allowing a whole range of IPs isn't feasible.