Best answer

Zap will find and attach the proper file to a Mailgun email only once, then wrong ever after

• 23 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I set-up a zap to read customer data in an Excel file, then send them an email with an attachment via Mailgun. The attachments are all stored in a single folder on OneDrive, which Zapier is able to locate. The first email that the Zap sends pulls the correct attachemnt according to the name of the file listed in a row in Excel. However, every subsequent email (pulling data from the next cell along with the next file name) it pulls and sends the wrong attachment, and it is the same wrong attachment everytime (i.e. same file is pulled and sent). Is this a bug in Zapier? Why won’t Zapier find the 2nd, 3rd, file etc. and send them as it did the first time? I’ve checked my Excel file over and over, and it is pulling the proper file name everytime, it just doesn’t attach the file associated with that name. In the attachment step in Mailgun, I select “File: (Exists but not shown).” The Zap works perfectly up to this last step of finding/attaching the wrong file from OneDrive, and the order of the files in the folder doesn’t affect this outcome. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by cbsmith82 29 February 2024, 22:35

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cbsmith82 

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sure; and thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cbsmith82 

The screenshot for step four does not show how the step is configured for the lookup fields, which we would need to see for more context.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here you go:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cbsmith82 

To hep you troubleshoot check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Wonder if the issue is related to how your Excel spreadsheet is configured.

Help articles for using Excel ins Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/excel/help

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Troy; we will continue to dig into it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The problem ended up being with the naming convention of the files themselves. Appearantly, Zapier does not like “-” or “_” or “2_13_24” in the name of a file. Thanks for your replies on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @cbsmith82! We’re glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

Also, big thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @ken.a  and @Troy Tessalone!